Nicole Wurscher, senior counsel with our firm, represents and advises employers in a diverse array of employment related subjects, including discrimination and harassment claims, wrongful termination claims, employment contract disputes, wage and hour litigation, FMLA and medical leave protocol and litigation, as well as assisting employers navigate disability accommodation issues and claims. She also conducts sexual harassment training for employers who are required to provide training to supervisors under California law.
Nicole regularly appears on behalf of clients in both state and federal courts, including the California Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, as well as various administrative forums, including the Division of Labor Standards and Enforcement, the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals, and the Workers Compensation Appeals Board.
Before joining Walraven & Westerfeld LLP, Nicole practiced medical malpractice defense, administrative law, and employment law at a premiere southern California defense firm from 2006 through 2010.
J.D., Chapman University School of Law (2006)
- Staff Writer, Nexus Journal
- President, Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
- Vice-Magistar, Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
M.A., Loma Linda University (2000)
B.S., Walla Walla College (1998)
Admitted to the Bar in California and Texas
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Orange County Bar Association
Member, Orange County Jewish Bar Association
Telephone: (949) 215-1994
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Successfully representing a substance abuse rehabilitation center in a post-judgment appeal by a patient seeking over a million dollars in punitive damages and attorney fees after she was allegedly sexually assaulted by an employee of the center.
- Defending a psychiatrist throughout litigation and trial after her patient violently attacked another patient in a psychiatric ward. Obtaining a defense verdict finding that the psychiatrist acted at all times within the standard of care.
- Representing a hospital through litigation and mediation against a former contract employee claiming gender and racial discrimination.
- Defending and negotiating settlement of numerous employee wrongful termination and discrimination claims for a variety of employers.
- Obtaining multiple Labor Commissioner Defense decisions, resulting in claimant awards of zero.
- Successfully briefing a post-judgment appeal before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, resulting in confirmation of judgment in favor of an ERISA retirement plan administrator.
- Representing a global investment and advisory firm in a multi-million dollar compensation dispute with a former shareholder.